October 30, 2016
Harry Potter Halloween
So here is what I've been working on in my free time for the last month. Ruth and I have talked about cosplay as Luna and Trelawney for a long time, but about 2 months ago I got it in my head that the whole family should dress up as Harry Potter characters for Halloween. And so it began.
The two Harry Potter robes were purchased on eBay. You can get them there much cheaper then I could ever sew them and they are pretty good quality. I also got Ruth's tie off ebay. Everything else was my creation. Dumbledore's robe was a repurposed bathrobe. I sewed his hat. My dress and scarf. Ruth's necklace and earrings. Jared's Quiditch armor and broom were all made by me. We made our wands as a family home evening activity. It's been good fun and a nice break for me to make things that don't have to compete in a competition but just for fun.
I've put up more pictures on facebook. These are different from those. We had so many good pictures!
Jared's First Band Concert
Jared played in his first band concert of the year. He really loves band. And he looked very handsome.
Debate Competition
I went with Ruth on Friday to judge at her 2nd debate tournament. I was lucky enough to get a bye the first round and was able to go with Ruth to her first round to see her compete. This is the first time I've seen her compete. She did really great and smoked all the competition in the room. She has another competition next weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks. Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...
-
Catching up with the Barnums. Here's some of what's been going on. Christmas! Kate and Ben hosted us at their new apartment...
-
Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks. Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...


2 comments:
I loved your Halloween costumes. It is fun to do a project like that as a family. I miss going to see my kids compete in things at school. I just keep thinking of the phrase, "joy and rejoicing in your posterity."
You all look awesome!! And congratulations in abundance to Ruth!!
Post a Comment