![]() |
| Family selfie while waiting for Mary Poppins to begin |
Motorcycle Class
I spent 17 hours this week going through the Basic Ridercourse at the local Jr. college. That included 12 hours over 2 days on a motorcycle in the hot sun. It was difficult, physically, mentally, and emotionally. It helped that everyone in the class was super encouraging and supportive and by the end I tested and passed. I was already certified because of my scooter riding, but I now qualify for one level higher certification and I gained some very valuable experiences and skills. Today I am sore and achy and bruised. While I was away at class, Chuck continued to fine tune the controls on my bike. I'm excited to give it a try when I recover.Youth Council
We found out last week that Ruth was awarded a seat our city's youth council. Youth council is a group of teenagers in our city that take part in local government, participate in service project, are mentored by city officials, and represent our city. Ruth had to apply, including getting letters of recommendation, and then went through an interview. She had her first meeting this week. Ruth also went on a date to Lagoon and has been doing a lot of other fun things with friends.
Pokemon Go
Along with the rest of the nation our whole family has been playing Pokemon Go. We've gone on walks and rides to find Pokemon. It's been a crazy phenomenon to see so many other people out and about playing the game. I've never seen anything like it.
Another good thing that has happen this week is that our baby kingbirds have finally flown the nest. For the first time in over six weeks we can go into the backyard without getting swooped at. Free at last.



1 comment:
Congratulations to Ruth. That is a great resume builder.
Post a Comment