February 14, 2016

Last weekend, Ruth went to Sweetheart's dance with Quaid.  Here are some pictures she posted on Instigram.  She said they had a really fun time at the dance. I was able to finish all the alterations of her dress in time (thanks to my new serger) but I wasn't there to see her off to the dance because I was in California.
Last weekend I flew into California with my Sister Donna and her husband and my mother for my nephew's wedding. Behind me is the beach house where my Sister Kathy and her husband hosted us.

Here is the view from the balcony.  The ocean is an amazing and powerful thing. 
When the tide was high it hit the rocks so close to the beach house that it would shake, but when the tide was out there were thousands of round beach stones. My mother collected pockets full.  I know because I carried her bag through the airport.

Both days I was there I walked out to the end of the pier and back. There's a Ruby's dinner at the end and a lot of interesting people between here and there.
We flew through San Fransisco so I made my mother pose by this sign with her name on it.

I've not done much flying in my life, so I still get excited to go on airplanes and look out the window.  I'm more convinced now than ever that the science behind airplanes is magic.
I don't have any pictures from my nephew's wedding (the few I took were blurry) but it was very nice.  I also didn't take any pictures of the family (didn't think of it, I guess) but we had a nice time visiting together.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I love the ocean. I find it mesmerizing. It takes my troubles away and brings me peace. I am glad you were able to go. The photos look lovely. Oh, and great job on the dress. Ruth looks beautiful. I really can't believe how fast the time has gone by.

Amy said...

Ruth looks so beautiful. Great job with the dress. I'm so glad I don't have to worry about dresses. I didn't even know you were going to CA. So fun for you to get away.

Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks.  Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...