On Saturday Ruth and I competed in the first round of our comic con's cosplay contest. We will find out in the next day or so if we will be appearing on the stage for the big event. We are pretty confident that we are, as they moved us out of the beginners category into the intermediate, even though I do, in fact, qualify as a beginner. The down side is that the competition will be harder, and we probably won't win anything. The up side is that the judges thought we were really good. To put it into context, there will be over 2,000 people attending this contest and the prizes are in the hundreds of dollars. Last year I didn't make it past the first round, so it would be cool to actually be able to make the stage and compete.
Comings and Goings
In the past few weeks we've said goodbye to my nephew Benjamin, who is serving as a missionary in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland, and we've welcomed back my nephew, Orion, who was serving in California. Both events involved family gatherings and fun.
Jared and his YoYo
Jared's been yoyoing for awhile now, and this last week he had me sell some of his legos so he could buy a fancy new yoyo. He was so excited when it came! I took a video of him doing a trick and then Jared edited the video for me. I'm posting it below.
Kaitlin Almost Done at CCM
Email me if you don't have Kaitlin's blog address where I'm posting her letters. While she has had some good experiences at the Missionary Training Center in Buenos Aires, she is ready to get out in the real world and get to work. She flies to Asuncion on Tuesday.
4 comments:
Good luck with cosplay....sounds exciting! Jared is excellent. He is fun to watch.
I will be excited to hear how the cosplay went. The big question, of course, is which of your cool costumes will you wear for Halloween.
Ok I just watched Jared's video. Wow! I might recruit him to do some tricks at a library program some time.
those are some 'mad yo-yo skills', looking forward to a cosplay update
Post a Comment