June 28, 2015

Kaitlin at the Temple

On Wednesday morning I went with Kaitlin to the temple, just her and I.  We had a very nice experience there together.  Chuck was able to join us for the session.  We were worried that it would be busy, but it ended up being a quiet and nice day.  Kaitlin got extra special attention from all the temple workers because it didn't say on any of her paperwork that she was going on a mission so they were all quietly wondering about why we were at the temple that day, but were too polite to ask.  Finally, one of them asked me and word of Kaitlin's mission call spread really quickly.   There is a lot to take in the first time you go to the temple, so Kaitlin was glad she had decided to keep it very simple and low key.  Afterwards we offered to take Kaitlin out for a nice lunch, but she asked if we could go home and pick up Ruth and Jared and all go out for hamburgers, so that's what we did.


Youth Conference

Chuck and I served this weekend as group leaders at our church's three day youth conference.  We were assigned 8 kids from other churches in the area to be in our group and we all came together and had a fun time.  We did some service, played a lot of games, ate good food, and did a strenuous hike up a hill at night.  Ruth participated in the conference as well, and she was assigned to another group with kids she didn't know. She says she had some good times but didn't love it.  I thought also that the conference had some really great moments, but my organizing brain makes it difficult for me to totally enjoy functions like these. What impressed me the most was how great all the youth were, in our group, and in general.  These were all clean cut, positive youth, who were kind and friendly and worked hard.  After an exhausting day on Friday, I expected half of them to sleep on on Saturday, but they surprised me by all being there the next morning at 8am for the day's activities.
Chuck and I with some of our group. We named ourselves "The Unicorns" (put hand to forehead to form a horn).

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Such wonderful times!! Our youth just returned from youth conference as well....the Book of Mormon journey. I assisted with the Wednesday morning send off. I am excited for Kaitlin and all of the experiences that await her.

Amy said...

Yay for Kaitlin. What a great experience for you to share with her.

Chuck's beard is looking good! Getting excited for Nauvoo.

DeeDee said...

Congratulations to Kaitlin. Benjamin just got his recommend on Sunday so we need to schedule his visit. We have also decided to make the event low key.

Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks.  Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...