April 12, 2015

Moving Right Along

Ruth's musical starts next week, so she has been at practice until late every day this week. She's having fun but is ready for the show to be over.  For my part, they haven't asked me to help in any way, so this will be the first of Ruth's shows where I haven't painted, sewn, or directed something.

Jared is off track for the next few weeks. It's warm enough that he's been out on the trampoline a lot, and he also plays computer games online with friends. He went to scout camp this last weekend and seems to have had a good time.  When I ask him about it he just says it was "fine".

Chuck had a second interview with Coca-cola, and he has a third interview with Overstock next week.  He just keeps applying and interviewing; eventually something is going to pan out. He also cleaned up his little red truck and put it up for sale, but not before we hauled one last big truck full of mulch for the garden.

My contract is up in June and I am looking for a new job at a school that is on the traditional schedule.  I'm glad I've had the experience I've had with my job this year. I've learned a lot about myself and my strengths and weaknesses.

We've gotten started on Kaitlin's visa paperwork and passport.  There are a lot of steps and hoops to go through and every one costs money.  We've also started to make an accounting of all the things we'll need to buy to get her ready. The list is quite long and a bit overwhelming.

Finally, we've finished our big wave of doctor visits. You'll be happy to hear that no one in our family has cancer or other major illnesses. We also don't have cavities.  

Summer has gotten to get out and stretch her paws quite a bit since it has warmed up. You can see how much she loves this weeping cherry tree. She's eaten all the branches up to the same level. She also ate all my new pea plants. Bad bunny!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Yay for the good health news and subsequent interviews.

I am sure you are going to be super busy with Kaitlin and all of the things she needs, but that is exciting. You will probably get to see and talk to her more because of it.

crabbysister5 said...

Good luck with the interviews. I'm not much of a Coke drinker anymore, but I have always had good experiences shopping on Overstock!

Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks.  Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...