Updates
Most of you are probably wondering about our job hunt, so here is an update. We are starting week six of our lay off. Chuck works hard every day applying for jobs and sharpening his skills. There are a lot of jobs in his field, it's just a matter of sifting through them and applying for the most promising ones. He's had one or two interviews a week, and has two more set up for next week. It just seems like the wheels of hiring turn very slowly. In the mean time we still feel at peace about it, and know that the waiting game is part of the process.
Ruth auditioned for the city talent show this weekend. She let me go into the audition where she sang and played the guitar. She did really well and was very composed throughout the audition. I just sat back and marveled that this confident, beautiful, talented young lady is the same girl that clung to my skirts and nearly cried when we took the stage of the Music Man together just 6 or 7 years ago. We'll find out if she made it in the town talent show on Monday. If she does, the talent show will be this coming Saturday and is free. She's also busy rehearsing for the school musical, that will be held April 22-27th.
Our church choir sang today for our Ward Conference. The Stake President came up to me afterwards and asked if our choir would be willing to sing for Stake Conference (a meeting where seven local congregations meet together for one large service) in two weeks! I only have about 12 choir members coming faithfully lately, so now I'm madly recruiting for this important meeting. A member of the seventy will be there and I'd like us to do well.
In my free time I've been crafting a cyberman suit. I just finished the head this week. If you want to see what a cyberman looks like you can see a picture HERE.

No comments:
Post a Comment