Jared's Last Week of School
Jared's in year-round school but he was lucky enough to be on the track that gets out early, so this past week was his last week. On Monday I went with him on a field trip to BizTown. A nonprofit agency has built this little town on the top floor of a children's museum. For months in advance the kids learn about money, bank accounts, different kinds of jobs, that sort of thing, then for a whole day they work in this little town. Each kid does their own job, gets a paycheck and then can shop for real things like toys or snacks. Jared worked the day as a savings agent at the bank. He wasn't very busy. I guess opening savings accounts isn't a top priority for the 11 year old crowd. I was the adult adviser for five kids running a construction company. It was stressful but fun. On Tuesday Jared's class went to eat for lunch at Texas Roadhouse, on Wednesday Jared had field day, on Thursday they did some math day that required he take a candybar and can of soda. It's safe to say that Jared's been working very hard at school, and is relieved that it is finally over.
Happy Father's Day
Today is father's day. I made muffins for Chuck this morning to celebrate what a great dad is. He works really hard for us and then comes home and works some more, always without complaint. When I'm out with other ladies and they complain about their husbands I always sit quietly and smile, because I have nothing to complain about. Chuck makes our family his top priority and we are very lucky to have him as our dad.
Disneyland or Bust
Several months ago we decided we wanted to go somewhere new this year for vacation. So we had a family meeting, watched some videos and decided together as a family that we would go to San Fransisco on vacation. A few months went by and no one was excited for the vacation so finally at dinner one night I asked if everyone really wanted to go to Disneyland. Yes. So off we leave today for the land of the Mickey. It will be a short trip, a couple of days at Disney and a day at the beach and then home.


1 comment:
Have fun - how exciting for you all.
Post a Comment