March 16, 2014

A Normal Week

Not a whole lot was going on this week. So I thought I'd just mention a few things that would probably not normally make it into the blog.
  • Jared did over 200 flips on the trampoline. No lie. The warmer weather has been calling, and to keep entertained Jared set a goal to do 100 flips both Friday and Saturday.
  • I passed of two songs at my piano lessons. My teacher says that I'm "hard working." That's something. 
  • Kaitlin is vice president over finance of her school choir and finally finished collecting an processing all the money for their choir tour.  
  • Kaitlin got to sing at her choir teacher's grandmother's funeral. 
  • Ruth's YouTube channel has over 700 followers now.
  • I planted peas, pruned the trees, and our daffodils are almost open!
  • For family home evening our activity was to go to the dollar store and each person could choose one thing to buy to do with the family. When we got home we had a plastic frog jumping contest, played punching games with blow up boxing gloves and played bible go-fish. 
  • My guitar tab of "Let it Go" has over 800,000 views and is considered the standard tab for the song on the internet. 
  • I discovered when I googled myself (how did I not know this???) that the article I wrote for the Children's Friend Magazine a few years ago had been picked up and published by the Liahona magazine. That means it was translated into over 20 languages and also dramatized into several additional languages.  Now I'm desperatly wanting 2011 March Liahona magazine. 
  • Ruth's been staying after school every day to work on her play.  Last week my team of middle school students and I designed and cut out eight clumps of grass. This week we painted the grass.  Ruth and I stayed late and did all the detailing.
The taller ones are over 8 feet tall.

2 comments:

Amy said...

You have such fun ideas. I doubt your kids even realize what a fun, creative mom they have, since they don't know any different. Congrats on the Friend article. I'm going to have to google you and read it again :) And guess what is coming up soon? I can't wait.

DeeDee said...

Benjamin is very impressed with what you said about your guitar tab. (I didn't know what it was). Your "Not Much Happening" week is pretty awesome.

Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks.  Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...