Church Talks
We all spoke in church on Sunday about our experiences in Nauvoo this summer. All, that is, except for Jared, who was just too frightened by the prospect. Ruth gave some general information about the pageant and what we did in Nauvoo, Kaitlin spoke about some missionary experiences, work and sacrifice of the pioneers, I told about several experiences I had that helped me better appreciate the temple, and Chuck talked about why we went to Nauvoo, and doing things the "Nauvoo Way". We have gotten an extremely positive reaction to our talks from the ward members, more so than I ever remember getting before. There is a strong spirit in Nauvoo and I'm glad we were able to share some of that with our friends and neighbors.
Chamber Concert
Kaitlin had her first concert for parents for the year. Her Chamber Choir is the top choir in the school and they sang four numbers as well as several smaller group numbers. In spite of having to compete with a clueless janitor vacuuming, they were really excellent. I can't wait to see how they will get even better over the course of the year.

1 comment:
Glad the talks went well. I thought about going to hear you, but it just didn't work out.
That's hilarious that someone was vacuuming - some people are quite oblivious.
Post a Comment