June 10, 2012

Driver's Ed

Kaitlin started her vacation with summer driver's ed.  Luckily, she has several friends in the class; that has helped it be more fun for her.  However, she said driving in circles for 2 hours at 6am is not fun.



City Days

Every year our city sponsors Touch-a-Truck where they park city vehicles, police cars, fire trucks and military vehicles in a field and let us clime all over them.  This year there was a big helicopter there and we got to watch it take off.  It kicked up quite a wind! 

Saturday morning was our town parade. It was better and bigger than past years. It was fun to see several floats in the parade that I had seen in the construction phase (because of my float building training).  Jared and Ruth got tons of candy.  

That night we went to the "Enduro Challenge".  We had never heard of enduro cross, so we looked it up on the internet.  It consists of motorcycles driving around a track covered with logs, rocks and pipes.  It was the first race of its kind in our area, and it was open to anyone willing to pay the fee.  We went in the afternoon to watch the practice runs.  It was a scene of carnage. Each new group was just wrecks and getting stuck.  It was one of the most entertaining things we've ever seen. The UTV class was our favorite. I posted a video we made of the event on YouTube

Float Update

This weekend we saw two other stake floats in the city parade.  That means two other groups that were asked to make floats are done, and we aren't even close.   I was able to finish screening the rocking chair and I started work on the spinning wheel and got that half done.  I took the weekend off, so I'm interested to see the progress that has been made






.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Never heard of the enduro cross before. Sure sounds fun to watch - maybe even better than a demolition derby!

Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks.  Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...