February 26, 2012

There was a huge dinosaur display

A Day at the Museum

There were lots of hands-on activities for kids to do.
This was our last week off track. We haven't done a whole lot this time, we went swimming and shopping but that is about it. So on Thursday when Ruth and Jared were bickering and fighting I said, "That's it! Get in the car."  We went to visit a new museum in the city that I had planned on taking the kids to all along but hadn't gotten around to it. We took a lunch and had a great afternoon exploring this huge and wonderful natural history museum.
We stopped at the gift shop on the way out and spent a dollar fifty on a geode and headed home.  The kids had a great time breaking open their geode, but were a little disappointed that it wasn't hollow, but it did have a few layers of rock and crystal that were interesting.




Cinderella

Opening night for Cinderella is this Saturday.  Because of scheduling problems with the city they've had to cancel 3 or 4 practices in the past few weeks. This is the first time I've ever been involved with a show that has had less practices than were on the schedule instead of more.  I've spent a few nights there painting set with my neighbor. We've painted several huge panels (stage backdrop sized) with pumpkin vines. The girls have been having fun; because the chorus only has 3 numbers the whole show, they have a lot of down time to hang out with friends. They have a few more dress rehearsals this week and then the show opens.  They are performing on  the 3, 6, 9, 12 at 7:30 pm and a matinee at 2:00 on the 10th.  The tickets are pretty pricy at $10, but I guess that is how they keep their little theater running.


Talent Show Auditions

The girls and I auditioned for the city talent show on Friday. They sang and I played the guitar. I'm such a nervous guitar player so I messed up quite a bit, and the girls just kept singing and did a good job in spite of me.  I also auditioned with a couple friends playing some mountain music. We will find out if we get into the show this week sometime.  If we do, the show will be on March 17th, and I think it's free.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Will the talent show be in the evening? I love free performances - especially when I can support friends, but our annual Ward Chili Cook-off Fundraiser is that night. And Adam is the auctioneer (I think that's what they call him).

Glad you enjoyed the museum . . . isn't it amazing and so beautiful?

Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks.  Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...