Adventures in Decorating
 |
| Before |
Our family room is large and square. I may have blogged about this before because it has been an ongoing struggle to find an arrangement in this room that works. I had a friend over a month or so ago who is a decorator. Together we moved the furniture around into yet another arrangement. It wasn't perfect, but it was the best so far. "Big room, small furniture" my friend said. We hung pictures on the wall, but it still felt lopsided and out of proportion. "Wouldn't it be cool if we painted a big tree on that wall," I said to Kaitlin one afternoon. As I was thinking about it, I started to wonder if they made vinyl trees,you know, like they do vinyl lettering, but for the scale, I needed a tree at least 8 feet tall; did they make them that big? A little research on the internet, a few clicks and five days later it arrived in a small compact tube.
 |
| Kaitlin hard at work. |
It didn't take me long to discover that installing it was a two man job. Kaitlin agreed to help me, and it took us two evenings of very tedious application to get the thing up. Now it's done and we all really like it. It adds the height to the wall and a warmth to the room that was always lacking. It divides the room and makes it warmer. We love our new PVC tree.
 |
| Our finished tree and birds. (There is also a cat, but we haven't found a place for it yet.) |
Updates
The girls had several nights of musical practice. They are loving it. The tickets for the show have gone on sale and they are reserved seating, so if any of you are interested in coming it would be good to buy tickets soon.
Ruth and Jared are off track so this past Friday was their class Valentines parties. They both came home with big boxes full of candy. Ruth also had an activity where she set up a shop and sold a product to the other kids in her grade. She made hair flowers and was able to sell almost all of them.
My float idea was presented for the main parade board and approved. There has been several changes suggested, including having the woman knitting rather than weaving. Some things I am happy to bend on but I am advocating for the weaving woman. We'll see what happens.
5 comments:
I love the tree. Good call.
Beautiful tree!! Love it.
Awesome tree! So excited to see all these changes. And buying tickets already? That means we have to actually plan when we are coming . . . so many good things to do and not enough time to do them all.
The tree looks so good! Which nights are Ruth & Kaitlin in the musical?
fun idea. I actually have a vinyl tree in my amazon shopping cart but just haven't gotten around to buying it. way to go!
Post a Comment