January 29, 2012
Sandwich
My kids are pretty independent. They wake themselves up, they get ready on their own, they make their own breakfast, they pack their own lunch. Jared has a lot of experience making his own food. He can open and heat a can of something on the stove, he can cook chicken nuggets in the microwave, and he can make his own sandwiches. Never one for peanut butter and jelly, this year he has gotten especially creative and skilled at making a good sandwich. Here is the one he made himself for lunch today. Two different kinds of ham, peperoni, cheese, lettuce and mustard.
Cinderella
The girls are busy with rehearsals for Cinderella. Kaitlin was particularly pleased because she got a one line solo in the show. Ruth is making a lot of friends and seems to be having fun. The dates for their show are March 3, 6, 9, 12 and a matinee on the 10th.
Kitchen
After a lot of research and taking 4 bids, we've chosen a local company to build our cabinets. We took a tour of their workshop not far from our house and feel really good about spending our dollars right here in our own community. It's been a process trying to figure out what we want but I think we are finally starting to zero in. We will be finalizing the plans hopefully this week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks. Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...
-
Catching up with the Barnums. Here's some of what's been going on. Christmas! Kate and Ben hosted us at their new apartment...
-
Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks. Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...
3 comments:
Not a mustard fun, but the rest of it sounds good.
Can't wait to see the finished kitchen - so exciting (and stressful) to make such fun decisions.
Yum! Jared can make me a sandwich any day!!
I wish I could be there to see the girls in Cinderella!
I hope we can come and see Cinderella. I always liked it, even though it is not very PC. I used to sing the song to myself when I would dress up as a child.
Post a Comment