November 27, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Do you see my mom in the background? (above Ruth's head)
We had a great Thanksgiving this week. We spent Thanksgiving at my sister's house. My parents were there too. Just a small group this year.  It was nice and low key.  We enjoyed good food and then after dinner a few of us played "Just Dance" on the wii.  It was tough on a full stomach, but fun. Even my mom joined in the dancing though she said she didn't want to play the game.  We played other games and finished the evening taking part in the annual family snow flake cutting.  When we all get together the snow flake cutting can get somewhat competitive.  But this year, with such a small group it was pretty casual.















Muppet Movie

On Friday we went on a fun family outing to the movies and then out to dinner. We saw the new Muppet movie and it was pretty cute.  Afterwards we went to Red Robin. Our younger kids could probably count on their fingers the times we have eaten at a "sit down" restaurant.  It's not often that we splurge like that so it was a real treat and we had a good time.
Up House

Kaitlin hasn't practiced driving for awhile, so on Friday she drove us to the "Up House".  They were having an open house and we were able to tour the inside for the first time.  (A couple had bought the house and it will be closed to the public at the first of the year.)   The inside was so adorable! We tried on the hats, looked in all the appliances, found the secret room and I even played the ukulele (after I asked the owner for permission).  After Kaitlin drove us safely home, I told Chuck and the other kids that they had to check it out, so later that day they went as well.

The front room was just like in the movie.
How cool is this phone.

There's a Toy Story Bedroom in the basement!

4 comments:

Julie Lloyd said...

sounds like a fun week! can't wait to see the muppets!

Amy said...

Wow - so much to say!

Ruth looks SO grown up. I can't believe how much they change.

Kaitlin, Congrats on the safe driving! My in-laws just told us about the UP house open house they saw with my nieces. Do you know when it's open? We saw the outside, but I couldn't bring myself to pay to see the inside.

We went to the movies too - the Smurfs. I have such fond memories of that cartoon as a kid, but I dozed through the movie. The kids enjoyed it - maybe I was just super tired, but I definitely liked the cartoon more as a kid.

And those are your 'casual' snowflakes??? You need to post pictures of the real competitive ones. It really shouldn't surprise me though, knowing the talents in your family.

The State of Our Family said...

An "UP" house...who thinks of this stuff...pretty much the coolest people EVER...that's who! Too cool!

Ang said...

Those snowflakes are amazing!

Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks.  Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...