![]() |
| I pulled over to take a picture. |
Monday was our last warm day. With this in mind I took my little scooter for a ride. I had worked that morning and I really didn't have the time, but I made the time and headed up into a local canyon that I had been planning on driving on summer but had never gotten around to it. The leaves were past their peak but it was still a beautiful drive. I saw few people, several deer and one daredevil squirrel who decided to wait until I drove by to make his mad dash across the road. It was a great ride; I am so glad that I took the time to enjoy this last day of summer.
| My choir with the orchestra in the front. |
| I dressed as a clumsy scientist. |
| At home, after the show. |
School Halloween Parade
Our school opted to have their Halloween parade and celebrations on Friday, rather than Monday. Ruth and Jared both dressed up. Kaitlin also dressed up for a Halloween party with friends.
Pumpkins
We had a great time carving our punkins on Saturday. Always a source of pride, we try to make our pumpkins as unique and creative as possible. This year the girls wanted to do a Tangled theme. Kaitlin designed and carved the Rapunzel, Ruth did the Pascal, and I did the Flynn. Jared made some skulls and in the end said that it went right along with ours because the three skulls on his pumpkin was Rapunzel, Pascal and Flynn when they were dead.
New Shelves
While we were all inside carving pumpkins, Chuck spent the day outside building us more shelves for the garage. After putting in our wood floors I asked Chuck if he would build a place in the garage where we could hang snowy coats, not having a mud room and not wanting wet coats dripping on the new floor. He agreed and then decided to add "an extra little shelf" to the side of it. This is what he built in the end. He is so awesome and I count my blessings every day to have such a wonderful and handy man as my husband.

1 comment:
Your family sure has a lot of skills - pumpkin carving, costume creating, shelf building. You're all welcome to share your skills at my house!
Post a Comment