The Adventures of Pinocchio
| There were 3 choruses of about 30 kids each. |
| Pino and Sister in the whale. |
Sure, I Can Do That
The weekend before the show I got an email from the director asking if I were willing to paint a forest scene on a bed sheet - a last minute piece of scenery for the play. I agreed. What I discovered when I went to get my supplies is that it wasn't just one bed sheet she needed, but four, two sewn together to create panels 14x8. So Monday I set to work and by afternoon I was done. My guitar teach asked me how I learned to do such a thing. I shrugged my shoulders and said, "I made it up." My mother always was taking on different sort of creative projects, everything from dance decorations, to costumes, to play scenery. I guess I always believed that we all can do this sort of thing if we put our minds to it. But for those interested I've made a little movie of the progress of one of my panels.
Picking and Processing Peaches, Oh my!
Our peaches came on this week and after no fruit last year, this year our little tree did its best to compensate. For Family Home Evening this week we picked the peaches and then I spent the next several days this week canning those peaches. We've also enjoyed some fresh peach pie. There just isn't anything better than a fresh juicy peach.
| 24 Quarts, 24 Pints, 3 batches of Jam |
2 comments:
You have been busy! Painting scenery and canning takes a lot of time. Especially with that many peaches!
I got some from the Brackens this week, but only canned about 10 quarts. And I agree - fresh peaches can't be beat.
My mom emailed me a comment on the blog this week and it was so nice that I wanted to post it here so I could have it forever!
***
Thanks for the blog for this week. I was amazed at what a big production Ruth's "Pinocchio" musical was. I wish I could have seen it. Becky, your scenery was so great! You demonstrated good design, perspective, foreground interest, depth of space and excellent drawing of the trees, rocks and pathway. WTG. You have a lot of latent artistic talent. And all those peaches!!! you are a supermom.
Post a Comment