June 12, 2011

This is the [Crowded] Place

On Friday I pulled the kids out of school early to go to the free day at This is the Place State Park. The park was packed, but luckily our kids are older which means we are more mobile and more patient. We enjoyed the pioneer things, but after about an hour the kids were ready to go home. Sure glad it was free!


Artwork on Parade

This week was our city days. On Friday we went to "Touch a Truck", a local event where kids are invited to climb all over firetrucks, UPS trucks, garbage trucks, etc. There was also a car show with some great old cars. On Saturday we enjoyed a parade, a fair and some fireworks. Kaitlin had designed a logo for the children's production this fall and we were able to see it for the first time as it rolled by us in the parade. I think Kaitlin is excited but also very self critical about her work. I just think it's cool.


Welcome to Adulthood

We hit a few rough patches this week in Chaz's transition to adulthood. Chaz took the ACT for the first time on Saturday; he's glad that's over. He is still looking for work in hopes of getting his college dreams off the ground. Hopefully he will find something soon, I think it will make all of us much happier if he does.


New Used Car

In the hopes that eventually one of our children will get a driver's license we purchased a 3rd car. We were looking for an oldie-but-goodie that would get good gas mileage. We bought this silver KIA. Kaitlin goes in for her driver's permit next week and she's very excited to take it for a spin.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow - you're a 3 car family. Sure glad that's still a ways off for us.

Congrats on the artwork on display - looks great!

We went to This Is the Place too - busiest I have ever seen it. I wasn't disappointed that Nathan had scouts and we couldn't stay long. I was also glad that we have been enough that we knew what to see and what to avoid.

Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks.  Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...