My Name is Inigo MontoyaKaitlin had to make a movie poster for her Spanish class and in one afternoon made this one. Even if you don't speak Spanish you can guess what it says. (click to see a bigger size). I'm trying to talk Kaitlin into starting an art class for all the little kids in our neighborhood this summer to help her earn some extra money.
You're Not Wearing Green!St. Patrick's day was this week. Chuck was sitting at the counter and Jared came up to him and said, "You're not wearing green!" and started to pinch him.

No matter how much Chuck insisted he was wearing green, Jared didn't believe him. We all got a good chuckle out of it. For those of you that don't know, Jared is Green/Brown color blind. It's never much of a problem, but on this occasion, Chuck's shirt looked Grey to Jared and you'll notice what color Jared chose to wear. (Photo is a reenactment of the actual event)
Grand Opening at the Rec. Center
We braved the crowds to attend the grand opening of our community rec. center. On Friday night we took a tour and tried out all the equipment. I was amazed at the technology in the tredmills, steppers and bikes. They have preprogramed work outs, ipod docks and Direct TV. Our rec. cen

ter also has a room with four Xbox Kinects. You should have seen Chuck getting down with the homeboys. The next day we went back to get some free breakfast and do a 1 mile run on their new track. In the afternoon we had wristbands that let us in to swim. The kids had a great time and we were glad that we had plunked down the big bucks to buy the annual pass. (I've circled in the picture Jared, Kaitlin and Ruth in the lazy river)
PromChaz went to Prom this weekend and said it was one of the best times of his life. That's about all the details I have. If I ever get a picture I'll post it here. Chaz also had a job interview this week. We are all crossing our fingers.
Quote of the WeekJared, upon putting on his swimsuit: "Look, I have a flower over my loin!"
2 comments:
Kaitlin has such great talent. She really should teach an art class. I have a niece that's 11 that has taught gymnastics classes to the neighbor kids in her basement to earn a little money. They were very popular and she had a blast.
Love the St Patricks Day re-enactment. The rec center sounds incredible . . . I guess I know where your family will be this year.
And you're going to have to post a picture of that swimsuit :)
Kaitlin, that poster is AWESOME!
The Princess Bride is one of the best movies EVER! :)
Post a Comment