February 20, 2011

Harvey

Chaz's play Harvey opened this weekend. Chaz did a really good job and was one of the strongest actors on the stage. Here are some pictures and videos from the show.















"The Queen of Mean"

Kaitlin had to write a letter for her English class using Shakespearean insults. All the students then perform their letter for the class and then the class voted on the best one. Kaitlin won and was given the title "The Queen of Mean" which she is very proud of. I tried to convince her to let me record her performance, but she refused. She did perform it for me and I'm telling you, she was totally channeling Beatrice.

Here is an excerpt: "And when that day comest, and thou wilst come in a beggar’s shoes, and ask at my feet for forgiveness, will I oblige? Forgive thee, thou wenching pale-hearted snipe? I’d forgive a dog and gift it ons before forgiving thee, for a dog must be more clean!"


Kung Fu Cow

Ruth got work this week that her original story Kung Fu Cow is one of the finalists in the Chick-fil-A creative writing contest. On Tuesday she and Chuck will go to a special dinner party for all the finalists and they will announce the winners. The grand prize is a year of free Chick-fil-A (one meal a week). Ruth's story was ultra cute and if she wins I'll post it here for y'all to read.


I've been Published!

I got the advanced copy of the March Friend magazine this week in the mail. There on page 17 is my story. It's been shortened and edited, but the basics of it is still there. The girl in the illustration even looks like Kaitlin did at age 9. I have mixed feelings about it, mostly nervousness, I guess, but overall, I'm pretty excited.

5 comments:

Meagan said...

Hey, that's awesome about you getting published in The Friend! I just went and got our March issue, and sure enough, there you are! Congrats to you.

Also congrats to Ruth for being finalist. That's neat!

Amy said...

What an amazing week for you all - Congrats. Can't wait to hear about the Chick-fil-a results. What a prize! And now I will be the first to read the March Friend when it comes instead of Nathan. Thanks for the heads up.

The State of Our Family said...

WOW! Queen of mean indeed! But also quite funny! :)

Anonymous said...

hello this is ruth i am awesome but i did not win sad but that is fine i did get prizes

ruth said...

karatie cow is a good story but there where better wons hello people out there

Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks.  Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...