January 18, 2010


Science Fair


Ruth once again has been one of five kids in her grade to advance to district science fair. She did a project on adding things to water before it freezes to make it hold more weight, and therefor safer for recreation.





Bunny-Houdini

Have you seen that movie Phenomeon with John Travolta? Even when he was a genius he couldn't figure out how a rabbit kept getting into his garden. We've had similar experiences trying to keep our bunny, Summer, confined to one area of the house. We had our suspicions but we didn't know for sure how she kept getting into the basement, until Ruth and Jared caught her doing this:




You may have noticed in the tape Ruth saying "jump jump!" Yes, the kids thought it was wonderful that Summer could jump a 2 1/2 foot barricade, and they encouraged her over and over until she got quite good at it.

So how do you keep the bunny out of the basement, you might ask. Well, so far, she won't jump the barricade if the basement light is off. We'll see how long that lasts.


I Don't have the Flu, Silly! It's just a Cold.

A cold that goes on forever! Okay, yeah, maybe I have the flu. I don't remember the last time I've been knocked on my back for over a week by a sickness. I think part of it is that I've allowed myself to lay in bed and let the kids run the house. When you are a young mother you just don't have that luxury. Who knew that being sick in bed was a perk of having older kids?

Last week, Chuck got that 24 hour stomach sickness that has been going around. At first we thought he had food poisoning. Any of you that have had food poisoning know how bad that can be. But then I heard of a bunch of people in the neighborhood having the same sickness.

At first I was glad that Chuck got the stomach thing, and I just got a cold. But now on my 8th day in bed, I think perhaps the stomach thing wouldn't have been so bad.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Ruth's science fair project sounds fascinating - definitely not one of those ideas they see every year! Summer is amazing! I would never have guessed a bunny could jump that high (distance jumping seems easier to picture). And glad you're feeling well enough to update your blog. Hope the recovery comes much quicker this week.

Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks.  Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...