October 11, 2009

Hospital Art Open House

This week was the open house for all the children who's artwork was accepted by the new hospital. Jared and Ruth were excited to see their artwork blown up, framed, with a plaque with their names on the frame. We are excited for the hospital tour in a couple week where we will get to see where their artwork will be hung in the hospital.





New Retainer

Ruth has been so excited to get her new retainer that will fix her cross bite. She said that it was like "a late birthday present" and even though she didn't have to, she wore it to school so that she could show all her friends.
As we were waiting in the Orthodontist's office Jared whispered to me, "It's no fair! Kaitlin and Chaz got braces and Ruth got a retainer. I want a retainer!"
I'm not sure when Orthodontia got so cool, but if it helps my kids adjust to their dental treatment plans, then I'm all for it.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I hope the excitement for all the orthodontia lasts til the end of the treatments. I hated mine at the end and didn't wear my retainer enough.

The State of Our Family said...

How funny! I noticed that too though...all of the sudden braces are cool! Like you said though, hey, if it spares them some trauma, I'm all for it! :)

Laura said...

That is wonderful artwork.

I need some art from Ruth! I've got the art from Kaitlin and Jared framed in my bedroom, but I don't have anything from Ruth. Would she be willing to make me something??

Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks.  Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...