End of the School Year
Yes, year round school does end. But then it begins again in just a few weeks.
Yes, year round school does end. But then it begins again in just a few weeks.
This week was the last week for Jared and Ruth. Jared ended the year with a cute Kindergarten program
4th of July Fun
We had a busy Fourth. The evening before Ruth and I were in another parade. This one was huge! We went through 100 lbs of candy and gave out 2000 fliers and we still ran out of both before the end of the parade. The morning on the fourth was a 5 hour rehearsal for Ruth and I followed by a cast bbq. Then in the evening we had friends over and we bbq'ed and the kids swam in the pool. Once it was dark we lit off fireworks in our cul-de-sac.

Music Man
We are in the 11th hour of Music Man rehearsals. The show opens on Friday night. For those of those considering coming, I would recommend the later shows. I think the first show might just be a train wreck. But you never know. Email me for dates, times and ticket info.
All things Chaz
Trek
Chaz went to Trek this last week and said it was a great experience. "Trek" is short for Pioneer Trek. It's a reenactment of the Mormon pioneer's journey to Salt Lake Valley. He was put in a family with two adult "parents" and 11 other "children" and they pulled a 800 lb handcart almost 40 miles over 4 days. He came home tired and his eyes were blood red from all the dust. Check his facebook for some pictures.
Ordination
Chaz was ordained today to the office of Priest. The best Catholic equivalent that I can think of is Alter boy. In our church it means that Chaz can now bless the Sacrament each Sunday in Church, and he can baptize new members. He's both excited and nervous about his new office.
Hair Cut
Yes, Chaz finally asked for a haircut. You can see the after and before picture above.

2 comments:
Busy week for you all! Chaz's haircut looks great, but it is still hard to believe he is a priest now. I hate that growing up happens so fast, even though I know it's inevitable.
We were making plans for this week and will probably come to one of the first two perfomances, so I hope they aren't a train wreck! My parents come in town next week, so we are trying to keep things as open as we can while they are here. I'll call you to get info about tickets.
Love the new haircut! It makes him look so old though! Is he 25 or what? Also love the Music Man photo. I wish I could go! :)
Post a Comment