This is the 3rd Year that we've gone to the Days of 47 Parade Preview. The Days of 47 parade (held every year to celebrate Pioneer Day, 1847 being the year the pioneers came to this area) is the largest parade west of the Mississippi (outside of CA). People line up along the parade route the days before to get a good seat. But if you're like us and just want to sleep in that day, the best way to see the wonderful floats is to visit them at the preview. All these floats are made by volunteers.
Top Left: Ruth standing in front of a recreation of the 1st artificial heart. I liked the use of red tinsel for blood. Top Right: Cattails made to look like toilet paper. Yeah, ya got to love it!
Over the holiday weekend we went to my parents house for a family reunion. We played games, had a talent show and went on a tour of the farm. Here is a picture of just my branch of the family that was in attendance.
Music Man Final Thoughts
Monday was our last show. The last few shows were much better than the first few. By the last night we were playing to a full house, the technicals were smooth and all our actors were more comfortable. I guess that is the nature of things.
I have felt neither sadness nor relief at the close of the curtain. To me the experience played out its course just as it should have. The highlight was working with so many amazing people. The hardest part was to see how much burden was placed on the backs of the few that were willing to work hard.
The highlight for me was that every night, as we got to the closing gym scenes I could look out over the heads of the people and see the whole valley lit up. I could see the Oquirrh Mountain temple on the left and straight ahead I could see the Draper temple shining off in the distance. I would look at those temples and think how blessed I was to be sitting on that stage in that place at that moment in time. Not a performance passed when those thoughts did not run through my mind.
My PTA Website
I've spent the last week remodeling my PTA Website and I think it looks great. There is a link to the left if you want to check it out.


1 comment:
We went to the float preview too. It seemed smaller this year, either that or we took less time looking at all the floats.
The PTA website looks great. You are amazing.
Post a Comment