June 5, 2009

Our 11th Anniversary

Today is Chuck and my 11th Anniversary. Here are a couple of interesting facts you may or may not know.
  • My first thought when I was going to meet Chuck for the first time was "What the hell am I doing?"
  • Our first date was to Burger King and Temple Square.
  • Our first kiss was in middle of a crowded airport terminal being bustled on every side by hoards of travelers.
  • Our second kiss was by the payphones (a bit more private) in said airport terminal.
  • Chuck proposed on Easter Sunday.
  • When he asked me the first time I didn't say 'yes'. I told him to get on one knee and ask me again.
  • We had seen each other a total of 12 days when we married.
  • My thought when I was walking down the isle to marry Chuck was "What the hell am I doing?"
  • We were married in the MN Stake Center where they built the Temple just a couple of years later.
  • Our wedding was 20 minutes late because I was already late when my daughter had a dirty diaper. Ever try to change a messy diaper in a wedding dress? Didn't think so.
  • We were sealed in Bountiful Temple on my birthday, May 15th.
  • These past 11 years have been the best of my life.

Here is a song, I wrote it for Chuck a couple of years ago for our anniversary:


5 comments:

Ang said...

Happy anniversary! I remember the first time I heard you sing that song.....I got a little teary.

Amy said...

Wow - what a unique courtship the two of you had. Thanks for sharing your song. You need to find a recording studio and make a CD of all your songs. Happy Anniversary!

Laura said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY CHUCK & BECKY!

Julie Lloyd said...

I am glad you got married and made decisions that lead you here. We love living near the blended Barnum family.

Lisa said...

Becky--You are very talented. Thanks for sharing!

Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks.  Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...