Freekish Rain
We've had freakish amounts of rain and hail. It has rained every day for over a week.
We've had freakish amounts of rain and hail. It has rained every day for over a week.
Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open house
On Saturday we had my brother David and his family, my sister Donna and her family and my parents over for a tour of the Oquirrh Mountain temple and lunch. The temple was beautiful and we especially enjoyed the cookies afterwards. Chuck grilled us hamburgers for lunch, and the burgers I bought totally flamed and burnt to little black crisps. (Don't every buy Flanders Beef Patties!) In spite of the hamburger adventure we had a nice lunch and a nice visit. By the time David and his family were ready to leave the heavens opened up and poured buckets of water down on us including hail and lighting. I tried to escort everyone to the car with a large umbrella but the rain was so drenching that you just couldn't avoid it. Little Olie got totally soaked. Sorry Oliver! Half way through, as I felt the cold water soak me to the skin from the waist down I couldn't help but laugh and laugh. It was so funny. (of course in retrospect there are like 5 better ways I could have gone about that but in the heat of the moment none of those avenues seemed apparent.)
Oakcrest Camp
Kaitlin spent a fun week at Oakcrest camp. Oakcrest is a camp owned by the LDS Church for girls 12-14. She got rain every day and I worried that she was too cold. But she had a great time.
The Mantis
I bought a little scooter this week. I'm excited to get it licenced so I can use it to run around town with. For those interested it's a Chinese built 150 cc. I've named it the Mantis because it looks freakishly like the aphid eating insect.
Kaitlin spent a fun week at Oakcrest camp. Oakcrest is a camp owned by the LDS Church for girls 12-14. She got rain every day and I worried that she was too cold. But she had a great time.
The Mantis
I bought a little scooter this week. I'm excited to get it licenced so I can use it to run around town with. For those interested it's a Chinese built 150 cc. I've named it the Mantis because it looks freakishly like the aphid eating insect.
3 comments:
I love the mantis . . . but does this mean you got called to be RS Pres?
You are waaaaaaay too cool to be my friend. I AM very jealous by the way.
Love the mantis! And Holy Hail, Batman! :)
Post a Comment