July 27, 2008

粉紅色 (pink)

Tomorrow is the first day of school for Ruth. Jared also has his kindergarten interview with his new teacher(he doesn't start for 2 more weeks). Both Kaitlin and Ruth were really nervous about this interview but Jared is totally unphased. One of our family mythos is a story of Kaitlin at her kindergarten interview. Durring her kindergarten interview her teacher asked her what color her shirt was. Kaitlin looked down and answered confidently "fuchsia." The teacher laughed and said, "Then I suppose you know the color pink" . So tonight I was prepping Jared for the interview so he knew what to expect. "And when the teacher asks you if this crayon is pink, you tell her that it isn't pink, that it's fuchsia" I told him. Jared looked at me confused for a minute and then answered "Mom, I don't know my colors in Chinese."


Girl's Camp

Kaitlin spent a week in Heber at Young Woman's Camp this week. I heard from all her leaders that she had good attitude, one leader even referred to her as "bubbly." Kaitlin was a little disappointed, saying that the girls in her group were boring.


Days of '47

This week we went to the Days of '47 float preview. We had a great time looking at all the creative and well done floats and voting for our favorites. We especially liked one with crickets chilled in green jello cubes. Here are some pictures of us in front of our favorite floats.



Watch out Chaz!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Glad you made it to the float preview. That was one thing I was disappointed about missing while we were in Bear Lake. Jared makes me laugh - 'I don't know my colors in Chinese'. What a grown up kid. I hope to get a chance to post some more on my blog today - I do have a lot to catch up on.

Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks.  Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...