August 30, 2015

Back to School

Both kids started at new schools this week.  Ruth started at the high school. She is most excited about debate and ballroom dance.  She worked hard over the summer on homework for her AP and honors class, including reading The Count of Monte Cristo.   Jared has liked his first week at the middle school. He says that his favorite class so far is science.  He is also doing band. It's helped in his transition that he has several friends in most of his classes.



First Week of Quiet

This week was a change for me as well.  Ruth and Jared started school, Chuck is working for the first time in six months, Kaitlin is gone, and I do not have a job.   The idea that the school year had started and I had not found a job did not sink in until this week.  I met with some friends and I worked some projects to keep me distracted from this distressing new status in my life.  I really have no idea what I want to do with myself.  

1 comment:

DeeDee said...

I can't believe Jared is in middle school. (though, it seems that Ruth should have been in high school for a long time.)They are all growing up. It is fun to get Kaitlin's letters.

Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks.  Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...