Old Man Winter finally arrived with a few inches of snow and lots of cold. On Saturday we bought a indoor cage for Summer, our mini rex bunny and she moved inside. At first she seemed pretty freaked out by all the commotion, but she seems to be adjusting. Summer is litter box trained so if we keep an eye on her she can hop around the house freely.
Reflections
Ruth won her school Reflections this week. She made a puppet show about an Ostrich who thought he was ugly. I served on the Reflections committee and we put on the open house on Wed.. I made a video compilation of many of the entries. It was a big project.
Bishop's Storehouse
On Friday morning I volunteered at the Bishop's Storehouse, which is a foodbank (and much more) run by our church. I was trained to use a box baler, pictured below. I worked with a mentally handicapped young man who would help me take the scrap boxes to the baler and help me load them. Then I would crush them. It was kind of fun and something I never expected to learn how to do.
I learned that you should never donate products to a food bank, but rather, you should give money. A foodbank can buy up to 30x the amount of food for your dollar than you can buying goods at the grocery store.
2 comments:
Congratulations, Ruth! Becky - is it in video format that you can post or put on You Tube?
I would be afraid of squishing poor little Summer...better you than me! :)
Post a Comment